This week has been a bit of a strange one. I'd promised myself to keep the diary clear for the first three days at least so that I could have some uninterrupted time in my new garden studio and start to some new work. I have so many ideas buzzing around in my head, and so many projects on the go.
Well, that worked brilliantly on Monday. I put Coldplay on the CD player, did a bit of tidying and sorting and finally got to get the paints out. I decided to alter a painting that I had on the wall next to me that was finished last year, and had been framed, and been in an exhibition - and yet every time I looked at it, it didn't feel right. So I set about changing in and I'm finally delighted with the result.
It's called "All That Glistens"
and I think if you scroll down the postings below you'll find the original version before I altered it.
Sadly, it all went downhill from there. Tuesday and Wednesday unexpected things cropped up that I had to attend to and sort out and somehow my studio time just eroded. I also realised that I had a lot of admin work that I'd been ignoring and needed sorting out and that until that was finally tackled I couldn't really relax and be creative.
I'm nearly there... one more day of bashing the computer and sorting the accounts and I should be ready for a fabulous creative time in the studio next week!